Yin and Yang, my friends. For all the bad in the world, there exists some good too.
Here’s to hoping this regains your faith in 2016.
- LEO WON THE OSCAR! It was, undeniably, the first win for the year. Hurrah!
- The Tiger population rose. Estimated to be 3200 six years ago, the number has now increased to a whopping 3890! Also, giant pandas and manatees have both been taken off the endangered list, so GO WORLD!
- US currency will, among many other diverse faces including important figures of the suffrage movement, display Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill, a major decision taken last year.
- Indians rejoice: we made a world record, and for good this time! Thanks to 800,000 volunteers, 49.3 MILLION SAPLINGS WERE PLANTED IN A SINGLE DAY!
- Remaining on the topic of conservation, the ozone layer is finally healing itself back.
- And, in a groundbreaking agreement between 24 different countries and the European Union, the world’s largest marine reserve will be established in Antarctica’s Ross Sea – that’s twice the size of Texas!
- For the nerds out there, yes, we also finally detected gravitational waves. RIP Einstein.
- A win for the people, as the DAPL was finally put on hold after protests at Standing Rock.
- There were so many awesome movies, shows, and songs released this year, I can’t even write them all down here. But, all in all, it was a great year for entertainment!
- Time stopped as the Mannequin challenge took wings the world over.
- Damn Daniel!
- Pokémon Go became a worldwide phenomenon.
- DEADPOOL. Just one word.
- And, finally, Chicago Cubs ended their 108 years old drought, becoming World Baseball Champions. What a time to be alive!
What did you find uplifting in 2016? Comment below and let me know!